Southern Musculoskeletal Seminars was created by Dr Angela Cadogan and Dr Mark Laslett to offer online education and courses of instruction in musculoskeletal diagnosis and therapy. Dr Cadogan and Dr Laslett both hold doctorates in musculoskeletal diagnostics, are registered Physiotherapy Specialists (Musculoskeletal) with the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand and are practicing clinicians. See Instructors to find out more.
Our online courses cover pathomechanics, differential diagnosis, patient assessment, clinical reasoning, evidence-informed multidisciplinary and specific physiotherapy management of musculoskeletal conditions. Courses are designed to better fit in with busy clinician lifestyles by providing:
- flexibility to complete courses from home or work in your own time
- the most up-to-date basic science and clinical material
- immediate results and feedback on pre- and post-course quizes
- greater access to clinical expertise
Who are the courses suitable for?
Courses are designed for those who hold, or are currently studying towards a graduate degree in Medicine or Physiotherapy. All online courses can be completed anywhere where an internet connection is available. At the present time, all practical seminar days will be held in New Zealand.
Online learning modules include:
- Pre-course reading lists, with downloadable pdf articles
- Pre-course quiz on required reading list materials
- PowerpointTM presentations containing theoretical material
- Formative post-course quiz with immediate feedback enabling you to test your uptake and understanding of material
Practical courses include:
- Practical demonstration of diagnostic tests
- Interpretation of radiological imaging
- Clinical reasoning exercises
- Case studies
What courses do we offer?
We currently offer courses on the lumbar spine, with shoulder courses under development and due for release within the next few months. We plan to expand the range of courses so please keep checking this site or follow us on Facebook for immediate notification of new courses. See the Courses section for more details.
How to register:
Go to the Courses page, select the course you are are wanting to complete and follow the links to register.