- PhD (Auckland), BEd, MA (Canada), Dip High Performance Coaching (Canada), Dip PE, Dip Tchg
Professor, Strength and Conditioning, AUT University
Head of Research, Lila Movement Technology
Hi I am John Cronin, AKA JC and I am a Professor in Strength and Conditioning.
I am primarily an educator, researcher and mentor. I have two passions – one related to improving human movement, athleticism and sporting performance via strength and conditioning, and the other related to sharing this information with others.
If academic credibility needed:
- Currently supervise 15 PhD and 5 Masters students
- Published over 400 peer-reviewed papers
- Supervised 30 PhD and 30 Masters students to completion
- According to ResearchGate (RG) I have a research profile score of 45.45, my h-index is 74 (Google Scholar - GS),i10-index 220 (GS), had over 520,000 reads (~3000 reads per week), and over 18,500 citations (GS) - (March 2021).