Access: 6 Months | Cost: $450.00 NZD
This course provides a grounding in medical diagnostic imaging concepts for the musculoskeletal, cardio-respiratory and neurological systems. Imaging modalities and views for these body systems and common pathologies are detailed.
Includes "Introduction to Medical Imaging" Course FREE!
New advanced practice opportunities are rapidly emerging for Physiotherapists in primary health care, emergency departments, orthopaedic and other medical specialties. This online learning program has been developed to prepare you to take on these evolving practice roles and will provide others with a broader view of the use of medical imaging in clinical practice.
About this course:
This program provides approx. 16 hours of self-paced learning through 9 comprehensive audio-visual modules supported by extensive readings, case studies, videos and additional resource materials.
What this course covers:
- Participants will be grounded in medical diagnostic imaging concepts for the musculoskeletal, cardio-respiratory and neurological systems.
- The imaging views and modalities for each of these systems and common pathologies as seen on medical diagnostic imaging will be detailed.
- Clinical utilization guidelines & practice recommendations are delivered with quick reference summary tables provided in the 500 + page handouts which may be downloaded and printed for future reference.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is open to Allied Health Professionals practicing in all areas of the health care system. Participants do not require prior experience in ordering medical imaging.
The program has been developed and is being delivered in partnership with Key Clinical Skills a recognized leader in post-professional education for Allied Health Professionals in Canada with registration and additional support provided by the Ontario Physiotherapy Association. Some elements of this presentation may be specific to the Canadian health system and some features such as recertification programmes may not be available outside Canada.
By the end of this course you will:
- Have an understanding of medical diagnostic imaging concepts for the musculoskeletal, cardio-respiratory and neurological systems.
- Understand and recognise the imaging views and modalities for each of these systems and common pathologies.
- Understand clinical utilisation guidelines and practice recommendations for medical diagnostic imaging investigations.
- Video Presentations
- Video case studies
Study Time Approximatley 16 hours:
- Introduction to Medical Imaging Course: 4 hours
- Cervical & Thoracic Spine Course: 2 hours
- Lumbar Spine & Pelvis Course: 2 hours
- Lower Limb Course: 2.5 hours
- Shoulder & Elbow Course: 2 hours
- Forearm, Wrist & Hand Course: 1.5 hours
- Body Systems Course: 2 hours
Information in this course should not replace imaging referral and practice guidelines available in your region.